- Written by MsButterfly
What is Nonofo Tsogang ‘s Nickname?
What is your star sign?
How was your experience going to Georgia?
• My experience was amazing.I got to meet many people who come from different countries with different cultures. It was the first time I got on a plane and the experience was wonderful. Having the opportunity to compete in an international beauty competition has taught me to never undermine myself.
Do you think that beauty pageants make a difference in the community? How has it changed your life?
• Yes, beauty pageants come with a lot of opportunities that can change your life for the better. Pageants are a great platform where people get a chance to build their confidence and self-esteem. Beauty pageants have changed my life for the better. They helped me build my confidence and self-esteem. It has actually taught me to be a role model to others.
What are your dreams and goals?
• I want to become successful in life. I want to become a qualified professional doctor. I want to make my family, myself and everyone who has played a role in my life proud by finishing school and getting a good job that can change my family's situation for good.
What would you like to say to inspire other children?
• Never laugh at someone's situation, because you just never know if someday you will find yourself in the very same position. We are all born so beautiful,the greatest tragedy is being convinced that we are not.
What does coming from Kuruman mean to you?
• I am very honoured and privileged to come from a town such as Kuruman. Kuruman is a small town with people that are very supportive. I feel like l come from a one big family.
What sports or activities do you do at school? Which grade are you in?
• I play Soccer and l am in Grade 9 at Kalahari High School
Whose your favorite teacher and what has he/she taught you that’s valuable about life?
• My favorite teacher is Teacher Mosa Tabo, she has taught me that in life there are no shortcuts. In order to be successful you need to work hard and always work with determination,passion and love.
Nonofo Tsogang came back to Kuruman having won two titles being Little Miss Eurasia Grand Prix 2018 (Miss Public Choice) and Little Miss Africa 2018. She started her beauty pageant journey by entering the annual beauty pageant in Kuruman known as Little Miss Kuruman in 2016 and the following year she became 1st Princess of the pageant. She was also a finalist for the Face of Free State Fashion Week Pageant.
“When l started with beauty pageants l didn’t know anything but attending the Nthabiseng Kgoronyane Mentorship Program helped me grow and know what l know. I have made lots of friends in the beauty pageant and learned a lot about working with other kids ” said Nonofo Tsogang.
We have most definitely enjoyed our catching up moment with the young Queen and believe that children have the ability to move mountains with their abilities and faith in themselves.
- Written by MsButterfly
When you love what you are doing every single day then going to work will not feel like a job but a fulfillment. Charity work and community development are some of the greatest passions of Nthabiseng Kgoronyane from a young age of being a young change maker.
The Nthabiseng Kgoronyane Foundation is based on changing the lives of children and youth by sharpening their skills in beauty pageant artistry and other forms of arts. The seed of this foundation was developed from the Founder’s love for arts and developing others. She grew up in a rural area where Art was her way of survival from peer pressure and keeping her off from all kinds of crime and violence, the positive influence this made on her encouraged the decision to create a platform for others to not only do the same but go further than she has gone. The work that she does is in a form of voluntarism as the kids and youth participating in her activities such as the Nthabiseng Kgoronyane Mentorship Program do not pay any amount to be participants. In 2018, she and her team succeeded in taking a 14 year old girl known as Nonofo Tsogang To Georgia (England) to represent South Africa in an International Beauty Pageant. The achievements that this foundation has achieved also includes taking some of the mentees to National and Provincial beauty pageant competition to which some came home with leading titles.
She is highly honoured to be regarded as one of the 100 Most Influencial Young South African ranking at number Forty- Six (46) in the list. “I am so grateful for this recognition, it reminds me that the world is taking note of my commitment and dedication yet l hope above all that many become inspired. I would like to see many young people go out there and reach for their dreams, for young children to understand that there is no limit to what they can achieve except their own limitations. Thank you South Africa, l believe we are the future we have been waiting for and we are about to move the world to the channel of harmony, equality, success, love , peace by being the truest version of ourselves” said Ms Kgoronyane.
Shout out to the team that she works with such as Loeto Kasebedile, Lesedi Moshounyane, Prudence Melatwe, Lesedi Motlatsi , Kagiso Mogale and Desmond Mocumi. No man is an island and working together only provides success for many others and deeper impact to the community at large.
- Written by MsButterfly
Beauty pageants play an important role in the individual development. It teaches one self confidence and inter personal skills and at most encourages one to make a huge difference in the community but being a problem solver for social challenges faced by the community. Little Miss, Little Mr and Miss Kuruman beauty pageant is a pageant for the little kids and young woman of the town called Kuruman. It is hosted on an annual bases at Kuruman Town Hall on the 26th of December which is nationally a family day Holiday.The contestants are chosen through an audition process to the judges which also include an interview. The contestants then must go through various training on the art of pageantry, public speaking and charity projects involvement.
This year the Crowning Event will be hosted on two separate time lines with Little miss Kuruman and Little Mr Kuruman taking place from 11am until 13:30 then in the evening the Miss Kuruman Crowning from 18:00- 21:00. If you would like to vote for your favorite Miss Public Choice you may find the voting link at www.pageantvote.com . Tickets are available only at R50 and R70 at the gate. The importance of beauty pageants in Kuruman is not just about winning the crowd but developing a young child to become a role model for others by grooming their great personal qualities.