What is Nonofo Tsogang ‘s Nickname?
What is your star sign?
How was your experience going to Georgia?
• My experience was amazing.I got to meet many people who come from different countries with different cultures. It was the first time I got on a plane and the experience was wonderful. Having the opportunity to compete in an international beauty competition has taught me to never undermine myself.
Do you think that beauty pageants make a difference in the community? How has it changed your life?
• Yes, beauty pageants come with a lot of opportunities that can change your life for the better. Pageants are a great platform where people get a chance to build their confidence and self-esteem. Beauty pageants have changed my life for the better. They helped me build my confidence and self-esteem. It has actually taught me to be a role model to others.
What are your dreams and goals?
• I want to become successful in life. I want to become a qualified professional doctor. I want to make my family, myself and everyone who has played a role in my life proud by finishing school and getting a good job that can change my family's situation for good.
What would you like to say to inspire other children?
• Never laugh at someone's situation, because you just never know if someday you will find yourself in the very same position. We are all born so beautiful,the greatest tragedy is being convinced that we are not.
What does coming from Kuruman mean to you?
• I am very honoured and privileged to come from a town such as Kuruman. Kuruman is a small town with people that are very supportive. I feel like l come from a one big family.
What sports or activities do you do at school? Which grade are you in?
• I play Soccer and l am in Grade 9 at Kalahari High School
Whose your favorite teacher and what has he/she taught you that’s valuable about life?
• My favorite teacher is Teacher Mosa Tabo, she has taught me that in life there are no shortcuts. In order to be successful you need to work hard and always work with determination,passion and love.
Nonofo Tsogang came back to Kuruman having won two titles being Little Miss Eurasia Grand Prix 2018 (Miss Public Choice) and Little Miss Africa 2018. She started her beauty pageant journey by entering the annual beauty pageant in Kuruman known as Little Miss Kuruman in 2016 and the following year she became 1st Princess of the pageant. She was also a finalist for the Face of Free State Fashion Week Pageant.
“When l started with beauty pageants l didn’t know anything but attending the Nthabiseng Kgoronyane Mentorship Program helped me grow and know what l know. I have made lots of friends in the beauty pageant and learned a lot about working with other kids ” said Nonofo Tsogang.
We have most definitely enjoyed our catching up moment with the young Queen and believe that children have the ability to move mountains with their abilities and faith in themselves.